Our organization is committed to the principles of Positive Coaching and against a “win-at-all-cost” mentality. A win-at-all-cost coach has only one goal – to win. Our coaching philosophy is one that shares the goal (wants to win) but has a second goal that is even more important – to use this sports experience to help young people learn “life lessons” and positive character traits that will help them be successful throughout their lives.
To ensure the appropriate atmosphere for these activities, our organization has adopted a zero tolerance policy in the enforcement of the Code of Conduct.
· I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of my personal desire to win.
· I will treat each player as an individual and expect age appropriate skills from all my players.
· I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
· I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players on and off the field.
· I will respect the decisions of referees and coaches.
· I will remember that I am a youth sports coach and that the game is for children and not adults.
· I will adhere to the Coaches Code of Conduct while participating in any Russell Wilson NFL FLAG sports activity.
· I will be knowledgeable in the rules of each sport that I coach, and will teach these rules to my players.
I do understand that I will abide by the above Code of Conduct, if I do not live up to the Coaches’ Code of Conduct, I will be banned from participating in any CAFFL activities for a period determined by our staff.